Fun shark attack facts:
- In 1996, toilets injured 43,000 Americans a year. Sharks injured 13.
- In 1996, 2,600 Americans were injured by room fresheners. Sharks injured 13.
- In 1996, buckets and pails injured almost 11,000 Americans. Sharks injured 13.
- For every human killed by a shark, humans kill approximately two million sharks.
- Humans are assholes.
- Sharks are not assholes.
- Apparently everyone in 1996 lived in a real-life infomercial.
So I really love how the intro to Pacific Rim is, like, 90% plausible/whatever for the first two minutes. Massive tragedy in San Francisco, media and cultural response, blah blah blah
Then, completely straight-up, “So that’s when we decided to make giant robots.”
When life hands you lemons
you make giant robots
"Oh please, you’re only identifying as [thing] because you heard about it on Tumblr."
Well gee, maybe if there were proper resources out there, public visibility and community support for people like us, we wouldn’t have to wait until we randomly stumbled across a post on Tumblr to understand what we are.